Sadly due to the coronavirus the annual celebration of all things record shops Record Store Day was originally pushed back from its usual spot in early-April to a new home this year of Saturday 20 June, but now that too has been revamped for a new extended system (tailored to suit global social distancing requirements) involving RSD Drops held at the back-end of August, September and October (culminating in the usual Black Friday RSD on Friday 27 November). There will be a new list of releases dropping which we’ll share with you at the start of June, but we still have your original wishlists and will honour these (as much as possible in the cicumstances). Our brave new world keeps getting stranger!
Now that the first RSD Drop is quickly approaching on Saturday 29 August, and as we’re not quite out of the woods COVID-wise yet we’ll be introducing the following safety initiatives:
* opening early (8am) to minimise crowds
* limits on numbers of people in shop at once (15)
* limits on time spent inside shop
* shop layout tailored to allow for maximum social distancing
* we’ll have people on the door facilitating the easy entry and exit and keeping the line running smoothly
* call and pay/collect in car park option available
* masks and hand sanitiser available upon request.
We’re also in discussion with our friends at the Stones Corner Hotel in an attempt to make your new-school RSD experience as quick and as painless as possible (stay tuned for details).
We have perhaps our most substantial RSD order to date en route, any questions please send us an email or chat in the shop! Support your local independent record store!